Siamaks Car Company - BEWARE - DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM SIAMAK'S
I am from Las Vegas, NV. and bought a car from Siamak’s Car Company:
I found a vehicle that I was seriously interested in at Siamak’s Car Company of 777 Arney Rd. Woodburn, OR. 97071 – Phone 503-982-7700.
I called and asked the receptionist to please put me on the phone with what he considered to be the best salesperson they had – Don came on the line and was ready to handle my every request. He told me absolutely everything I wanted to hear – truck is in perfect condition, excellent shape for having 34K miles, no dents, dings, chips, tires are like new, interior is perfect, etc. He even talked me out of buying another vehicle in similar condition that I found in Georgia – explaining how they had a better vehicle and all the good reasons why I should buy this truck from them even though it was more money.
“Perfect” sounded good to me, so I took his advice and made a $5000 down payment over the telephone to hold the vehicle while I made arrangements to get there. I scheduled a flight and I was there the next day. Don and his brother picked me up at the airport – we arrived at the dealership 30 minutes later.
When I arrived at the dealership my truck was still in the back of the lot. It appeared that they were not very well prepared to finalize my transaction. After a short while, Don brought the truck up to the front lot where I could see it and take it for a test drive. Upon initial inspection, the exterior of the truck was dirty there were several dents, scratches and dings not mentioned over the telephone and certainly not addresses in any pics.
When I pointed the few discrepancies I found, immediately Don got pretty quiet and told me “it is a used vehicle and some stuff can be expected”. I understood that but that was not what he told me on the phone the day before.
I immediately felt pressured to think that my $5000 deposit was at risk if I did not go through with the transaction. I felt as though even if I pushed the issue, I might get the deposit back but, at minimum, I was going to be out at least a flight to and from Portland ($600), more than likely a 30 minute taxi ride back to the airport ($50 or more), not to mention missing a full day of work ($700). So, I decided not to push it and we went for a test drive.
When I test drove the vehicle I mentioned the clutch sounding and feeling strange – Don said it felt fine to him…I mentioned this to the finance person and he said, “maybe you can persuade the dealer in Las Vegas to replace the clutch because it’s not covered under the warranty - as a wearing item”. However, the truck is still under 36 month 36K mile warranty and 5 Year 60K mile drive train warranty.
Fast forward: After a 1000 mile ride back to Las Vegas – I took the truck to the auto body shop the next day: this is when I found out it had been in a previous accident in the right front fender (not disclosed on a Car Fax nor in any conversation leading up to the sale of the vehicle) the right front fender was replaced with an aftermarket fender that did not fit properly and the left rear bumper into quarter panel area not repaired (no mention of this on the Car Fax either). All of the body and paint work totaled $2100 out of my pocket to repair this – it took 2 weeks. The day the body shop was finished, I drove the truck straight to the Nissan dealer to address the clutch noise, the driveshaft had to be replaced (and it was not covered as it was out of the 36 month warranty) the truck was there another 2 weeks and to the tune of $746.
After all of this, I finally received a check from Siamak’s for the DMV registration and taxes as they required me to finance these fees according to their finance department. I specifically requested they send the title to the closest DMV to my residence and told them definitely do not send it to the Sahara DMV. They sent the title paperwork to the wrong DMV (the Sahara DMV) and then wrote all over the endorsement area of the check, as a result of this, DMV would not accept it.
I called and spoke with the General Manager at Siamak’s…he said the vehicle was used and maybe it looked “perfect” to the Don, where it may not look “perfect” to another person, like me - he was unwilling to do anything to resolve any of the above mentioned situations, except issuing a new DMV check once they receive the check I mailed back to them. I even asked to have him pay only half of the body, paint and mechanical repairs, as a gesture of fairness for all parties, in which he declined to do so!
BUYER’S BEWARE – THIS COMPANY AND THE PEOPLE WHO WORK HERE CAN NOT BE TRUSTED!!!
Siamak’s is selling previously wrecked vehicles that are not repaired by certified or qualified repair facilities and are definitely not repaired properly.
Siamak’s business ethics are shady at best! Heed my advice and you will be glad you did!
If I had read some of the reviews I’ve seen today, I would not have purchased a vehicle from this company. I could’ve bought a new truck for what I now have invested in this 2010 model with 35K miles on it.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Unfair Dealer
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Bob promises you the "Nicest Restored TDI on the planet!" from this hokey shop in Bellingham staffed by kids and amateurs. Six months after the initial payment for a..."
- "Go anywhere but Henry Day Ford! We purchased a new 2013 F350 truck with service plan. We took it in for its 5000 mile service and were told the next..."
- "This is just one example of Forest River Salem Cruise Lite issues.. Now, its important to understand the Forest River offers the idea of camping to folks that would not..."
- "Purchased a couch in February of this year 2015. We have only had it for 6 months. The cushion fabric underneath is already ripped, the cushions are flat. The..."
- "First my 6 month old range cooling fan broke which took five weeks to replace the entire unit since there were no replacement parts available. Customer service was difficult..."
- "Bad experience with "Crofton Maryland" franchise 10/10/15 !!! Ordered (from Portland Oregon) the "Harvest Bouquet" with football vase for Daughters 34 birthday who lives/works (Nurse) Crofton Maryland. This looks..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "I had been purchasing a Redmi Note 3 from ezbuy Malaysia (65daigou); placing the order on 3rd Aug 2016 and receive the phone on 13rd Aug 2016. Upon the reception..."